Acute Ankle Injury Clinic
To cater for the sports enthusiast I run regular Acute Ankle Injury Clinics.
In my practice we keep specific appointments for urgent ankle injuries so that patients can be seen urgently and on the road to recovery quickly.
The Acute Ankle Injury Clinic runs several afternoons every week.
Sports injury on the weekend? See you Monday afternoon!
Prompt Assessment and Management
Patients will receive:
- Early assessment of their injury
- Professional injury management to facilitate an early return to sport
- X-Rays, MRI scans and other diagnostic tests as required
Acute Injury Patients
Patients suitable for this clinic are those who have:
- A recent acute ankle injury (sporting or recreational activities)
- Aggravated an existing ankle injury
- Been advised by their GP that immediate attention is required.
- Attended an Emergency Department and been told further management is required.
Requirements for Clinic Appointment
Patients requiring an urgent appointment should
- Contact the practice by telephone (08) 9230-6333 and mention that you have an acute ankle injury or fill in the below form
- Diagnostic imaging is not essential (this can be arranged after a review if indicated)
- A referral from a GP is not required although you will receive a higher rebate from Medicare if you provide one