Acute Paediatric Injury Clinic
To cater for children and adolescents I run regular Acute Paediatric Injury Clinics.
In my practice we keep specific appointments for urgent paediatric injuries so that patients can be seen urgently and on the road to recovery quickly.
The Acute Paediatric Injury Clinic runs several afternoons every week.
Injury on the weekend? See you Monday afternoon!
Prompt Assessment and Management
Patients will receive:
- Early assessment of their injury
- Professional injury management to facilitate an early return to sport or activities
- X-Rays, MRI scans and other diagnostic tests as required
Acute Paediatric Injury Patients
Patients suitable for this clinic are those who have:
- A recent acute injury (sporting or recreational activities)
- Been advised by their GP that immediate attention is required.
- Attended an Emergency Dept and been told further management is required.
Requirements for Clinic Appointment
Patients requiring an urgent appointment should
- Contact the practice by telephone (08) 9230-6333 and mention that you have an acute paediatric injury or fill in the below form
- Diagnostic imaging is not essential but preferred (this can be arranged after a review if indicated)
- A referral from a GP is not required although you will receive a higher rebate from Medicare if you provide one